Barry M Super Natural Palette || Review

Hey guys!

Today I'm going to be reviewing the new Barry M Super Natural eyeshadow palette.  This palette is a Superdrug limited edition exclusive and I bought mine for £6.49.
 And yes, first off I'm going to admit that I only even thought about buying this palette because of the name okay.  I don't usually buy drugstore eyeshadow palettes as I'd rather save my money for higher end palettes or other make up I'm more in need of at the time.  But when I saw a palette called "Super Natural" I was like 'forget all that other stuff I need this'.  In case you haven't caught on why I'm hyped on the name it's because Supernatural is a TV show (one I'm assuming you've heard of tbh) that I love and have been obsessed with for the past month and a half...but more on that in this months favourites.

I'm actually rather lucky that the shades in this palette are really pretty otherwise to be honest I probably wouldn't have bought it.

So, as you saw from the photos above, the outside of the palette is really cute.  It has a very Autumnal/Winter theme to it and I think that's adorable.  There's a mirror inside and the shadows were covered in a sheet of clear plastic when I first opened it.
The shadows strike a very close resemblance to some shades in the Urban Decay Naked 3 so I guess you could call it a sort of dupe in a way.
As the shadows have no names I'm just going be numbering them from 1-8, 1 being the lightest shade on the left.



I did a swatch of each shadow without primer and the outcome wasn't great.  Shade 1 was barely visible on my skin and this was after about six or seven times of applying it.  Shades 2-4 were the same but after applying them heavily you can see them slightly.  Shade 5 didn't have the best application to be honest.  The fall out was heavy and it didn't apply as smoothly as hoped.  The last three shades applied okay, but once again only after a few times of being piled on.
The last and darkest shade 8 has little pieces of coppery glitter in it and I was really hoping that it would be visible when applied but I couldn't see it in the first swatch.  So I then applied it again this time with primer and very heavily.
As you can see, the glitter is a little visible but no where as much as I'd want it to be.

But then again, what can you expect from a palette that was £6.49?  Overall, the pigmentation of the shades wasn't great and the fallout was quite heavy in the darker shades but they are really pretty shades.  I think it's quite a good, cheap dupe for a few of the Naked 3 palette shadows.

Until next time!
Hugs and kisses,
-H 

                                                                           ❤️

Comments

  1. Have you tried the collection eyes uncovered nude rose palette? It's for £4 and has 6 of these shades in it, but to a higher pigmentation and wear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette || Review

My Travel Bucket List